The Chicon 7 Installment Plan enables fans to spread the cost of an Attending membership over a number of monthly payments. Under the Plan, you buy a Supporting Membership first and then pay the amount for conversion to Attending Membership in a series of installments. The charge for your Attending Membership will be frozen at the time your application to join the Plan is received and accepted.
The benefits of the Plan are the lock-in of the rate (protecting you against future rate increases) and the opportunity to spread your costs over an extended period. Minimum payment per installment is US $30 (US $60 for a Family membership). You can make your payments by credit card or by check (US$ only, please) sent to our US office. Final payment must reach us no later than June 30, 2012. You can cancel your Plan at any time and any payments apart from the initial supporting membership will be returned to you.
Installment Plan memberships are not transferable until the full amount has been paid. If you fail to make the minimum payment, the rate will be unlocked and you will need to pay the current membership rate. Note that we are only able to provide Installment Plans for members paying in US$ by credit card or by check to our US office.
To begin an Installment Plan, print out, fill out, and mail in the Installment Plan form (see link below). As an Installment Plan must begin with the purchase of a Supporting membership, you may either print out, fill out and mail in the Membership form along with your payment, or you may purchase a Supporting membership on-line. If you wish to do a Family Installment Plan, then the 2 adults in the Family must each purchase a Supporting membership. Also, as an FYI, we need to have a paper form because we need to have a signature on file acknowledging that we will be automatically billing your credit card, or that you understand that you must make monthly payments by check.
Installment Plan form
Terms and Conditions
- The terms of the plan are as follows. These apply to anyone who registers for the Installment Plan prior to April 31, 2012.
- The Installment Plan is open to all new adult members, young adult members, and people who already hold a Supporting membership. In all cases the Plan will be put in place from the time we accept your application. If you are not already a Supporter, you will begin the Plan by purchasing a non-refundable Supporting membership ($50 for an Individual / $100 for a Family, i.e. a Supporting membership for each Adult).
- While you are on the Plan, you must pay a minimum of $30 each month for an Individual Plan or $60 each month for a Family Plan.
- You must complete the Plan (make all payments necessary to buy your Attending membership) by no later than June 30, 2012. If your remaining balance is more than $30/$60 at the end of June, you will be charged your remaining balance. If paying by check, you will need to submit a check for the remaining balance. If a check for the remaining balance is not received, it will be assumed that you wish to drop out of the Plan.
- We will send out reminders / Plan updates to you each month so that you know how much you have paid so far and how much is still owed. You must provide us with an email contact address so that we can stay in touch with you.
- You can pay your installments by credit card or by check mailed to our US office. For credit card Plans, please provide your credit card authorization when completing the application form. For check Plans, it is up to you to ensure that your monthly payments reach us on time.
- Credit cards will be charged on the last business day of the month and will automatically be charged either $30 (for an Individual Plan) or $60 (for a Family Plan). If you wish to pay more, please contact
before the last business day of the month.
- Checks should be received before the end of the month. If sending a check, you can pay more per month if you wish.
- Installment Plan members can immediately pay their outstanding balance at any time whilst they are in the Plan to become full Attending members.
- You cannot transfer the membership to someone else until it is paid in full, however you can pay the remaining balance on a membership and then immediately transfer it.
- If you want to drop out of the Plan, we will refund all payments apart from the initial Supporting membership fee, and you will be a Supporting member of Chicon 7.
- If you fail to make a monthly payment, we will contact you. You may choose to leave the Plan and have your conversion payments refunded, or stay on the Plan. If you stay on the Plan, you will lose the benefits of the "lock-in" conversion rate, and your total conversion fee will be reset to the rate in force at the time. Your existing payments will of course continue to be credited towards your conversion.
- We also offer Installment Plans for purchasing Family memberships. The Family Plan works on the same basis as the Individual Plan but with a minimum monthly payment of $60.